MY MYTH!

My grandparents were the sky goddess, and the earth god, they had four children. Two of the four children are my parents, Osiris and Isis. The other two are my aunt and uncle, Set and Nepthys.  And because my father was the oldest so he became the King of Egypt and married his sister, also known as my mom. Which to be quite honest is really weird because when I grew up my mother and I were married and we had children... Weird right? Tell me about it. Anyways to get back to my story, my Uncle Set was really jealous of my dad. One day he became so jealous that he killed my dad and chopped him up and spread the pieces all throughout Egypt. My mother was so upset she cried for a very long time. My Aunt Nepthys felt so bad for her that they set out to find the pieces of my father to resurrect him. Once they found all the pieces and put him back together, they wrapped him and prepared him for mummification. But my mom thought that he was irresistible and she brought him back to life just long enough that she became pregnant with me! Then bye-bye daddy, he was off to become the god of the underworld. Soon enough I was born, me, Horus, the hawk-god, the god of power and vengeance. What a name, its got such a nice ring to it don’t ya think? Once I was a grown man, I decided that I was the rightful king. So I went and told the court of the gods what I thought and they set up a contest. Uncle Set and I argued over this for eighty years, and in one of our battles he ripped out my moon eye. Uncle Set did not play fair either, one day my mom felt really bad for me so she trapped her brother. He cried and begged and pleaded for his life so she let him go. I. was. FURIOUS!!! After the way I treated my mother its not wonder the other gods hated me. They called for one more match between me and my uncle. They let him choose the battle, it was to race boats made out of stone.   I wanted to win so badly, I cheated and made my boat out of wood, and covered it with limestone to make it look stone. Uncle Set made his out of the top of a mountain. When the day of the race came,  Unlce Set's boat sank right away, mine sailed on. He became furious, and turned himself into a hippopotamus, and attacked my boat. The battle went back and forth of who was winning, but finally I had him, I was just about to kill him but the court of gods stopped me. The court sent a letter to my father to see what his opinion on the situation was, he wrote back saying: "My son is the rightful king, and should be placed upon the throne. No one, should taje the throne of Egypt through an act of murder, as Set had done to me. Set killed me, but Horus has not killed anyone, there for making him the better candidate." So in the end I killed my uncle, and became the rightful King if Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment